Download full PDF CV: CV Final Jan. 2017
Seyyed Mohammad Sina Ghasemi Mousavi
Unit 27, No. 133, Sahand Bldg., Aghaghia Blvd., Azimiyeh, Karaj, Alborz, Iran
Mobile: +98 938 8631682
Tel: +98 26 32527747
I am a graduate of English Language & Literature, with talent and experience in teaching, creative and academic writing, editing, translation, with great interest in cinema, screenwriting, and journalism. My burning ambition is to continue my education up to PhD level, and work in the field of cinema and writing.
Accuracy, honesty, and commitment are important principles for me in my professional activities. I am willing to work in team provided with the atmosphere of morality, true commitment, and fair competition.
2010 – 2014
University of Mazandaran,
English Language & Literature, B.A.
- Passed 137 credits with the total GPA of 3.48
- Year 1 & 2: several advanced courses on the 4 general skills of English, with extra focus on reading and writing, plus some courses on translation, linguistics, and basic French.
- Year 3 & 4: more courses on literature, but also advanced translation, teaching, journalism, research, and essay writing.
- Wrote numerous essays, reviews, plays, and poems; gave several oral presentations on different subjects as parts of courses assignments.
Derafsh-e Mehr Literary Journal:
- Published 4 issues of Derafsh-e Mehr, a literary journal in English containing works by students and teachers of the university and beyond it, between spring 2013 to spring 2014.
- Successfully proofread and edited the works received; did the photography, layout, graphic design, online works, and public relations almost completely single handed.
- Acquired parts of the finance needed for printing the journal through loans, but mostly had to rely on personal budget and a little on the money received from sponsors.
- Successfully solicited some professional authors into sending and giving permission to publish their works.
- Published samples of my own creative and academic writings in forms of essays, reviews, poems, short stories, and screenplays.
- Overall, this project needed so much skill in literature, English language, editing, computer graphic design, time and budget management; as well as so much patience, perseverance, and devotion.
- Digital issues: DerafshEMehr.wordpress.com/free-issues. Extended reports: fb.com/Derafsh.e.Mehr & fb.com/groups/Derafsh.e.Mehr.
Other training courses and certificates:
- Karnameh Arts & Cultural Institute; Screenwriting Workshop; 2016 (April to July)Basics of screenwriting; from dramatic idea to plot.
- Department of Culture at Babolsar Township; Theater (Acting); 2011 – 2014.Acted in a few amateur plays, and as weekly assignments wrote several creative writings and short plays, some of which were rehearsed during the course.
edX, Inc. (MOOC Platform)
- English Grammar & Style; UQx of the University of Queensland, Australia; Oct., 2015Covered grammatical principles, word usage, writing style, sentence and paragraph structure, and punctuation.
- How to Write an Essay; BerkeleyX of the University of California, Berkeley; Oct., 2015Covered issues of grammar, written structure, editing, revising, and paragraph development.
- Academic & Business Writing; BerkeleyX of the University of California, Berkeley; May, 2015Focused on reading and writing in different academic disciplines including: literature, creative writing, science, technology, and social sciences.
2016 – Present,
Freelance English Teacher
- Teaching general English, IELTS and TOEFL courses, as well as school and college English at private classes.
- Class management, creativity in designing teaching plans, leadership, and proficiency in English are among the skills I have learned.
2010 – Present,
Freelance Translator (English to Persian & vice versa)
- Interpreted at business meetings, and translated academic and business articles in a variety of professional fields and academic disciplines as parts of cooperation with ILTS Translation Company. Translated some literary works; e.g. a collection of plays by Alan Ayckbourn titled Confusions which is currently under process of publishing.
- Accuracy and speed in oral and written translation are among the skills I have learned.
2014 (Dec.) – 2016 (Sept.)
Conscript Soldier at Law Enforcement Forces of Iran, Karaj
- Received 2 months of armed training under extremely tough conditions away from civilization, and served 19 months at the Police Headquarter of Alborz province as MP and sentinel.
- Discipline, astuteness, and endurance of hardship are among the skills I have learned.
Other work experiences: Salesman at a pharmacy during summer, selling goods at university campus, marketing, and amateur web developing.
MS Windows, PowerPoint, Word, & Adobe Fireworks; general knowledge of computer hardware & software, HTML & web tags; blogging, social media, & amateur web developing.
Photography, logo, layout, & graphic design; amateur stage acting, sound effects, & lighting.
Literature & Creative Writing:
Written & published original & translated short stories, plays, (screen)plays, poems, comic strips, essays, film critics, & magazine articles.
Native proficiency in Persian; full professional proficiency in English (TOEFL iBT Overall Score 109); & elementary proficiency in French.
Different genres of literature and creative writing (specifically screenwriting); dramatic arts including, cinema, theater, performance, dance; and also visual arts, especially photography and graphic design.
Names and addresses of referees will be offered upon request.